news + projects
New San Diego, La Jolla, California Space:
KLARA CHAVARRIA.| Contemporary Art
Art Studio + Practice:
Studio & Gallery Space in San Diego:
7920 Ivanhoe Avenue, La Jolla, CA.
Contact us for more information, to schedule an appointment or any questions:
ph. 305.282.2116 | email: email@example.com
© Copyright. Klara Chavarria.
UPCOMING | ON GOING PROJECTS & NEWS:
MUSEUM AND CULTURAL PARK SANTO DOMINGO EL CERRO. Installation and Exhibition.
Work on view now. Permanent Installation & ongoing exhibition. Antigua, Guatemala. Central America.
KLARA CHAVARRIA’S WORK HAS BEEN SELECTED BY THE NEW APPOINTED CONSUL FOR GUATEMALA IN THE UNITED STATES FOR HER WORK TO BE ON VIEW AND INSTALLED AT A HISTORIC 200 YEAR OLD BUILDING IN THE HEART OF THIS CITY. 2023-2024. Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
NEW EXHIBITION & OPENING, Summer 2024, SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO, USA. Opening date & more details soon.
NEW PRIVATE STUDIO & GALLERY IN LA JOLLA, CALIFORNIA. Selected works on view. La Jolla, California. Open daily, please contact us for an appointment.
• MUSEUM CASA SANTO DOMINGO: KLARA'S WORK IS NOW PART OF THE PERMANENT COLLECTION.
Museum Casa Santo Domingo - ONGOING EXHIBITION:
Beginning December 2022. Antigua, Guatemala; Central America.
Honored. We hope you can visit & enjoy selected works at this Historic Cultural Jewel.
• International Solo Exhibition & Art Conversation: Guatemala City. "LEGADO", On View:
September 21, 2022 through November 2022.
• MUSEUM CASA SANTO DOMINGO, Solo Exhibition:
Klara Chavarría Kepfer: "Splendor", "Esplendor".
Opening reception & Artist talk: Sat,May 14, 2022. Time: 5-9 pm.
Show Dates: May 14 - August 14, 2022
• Ongoing: Corporate and Private Art Projects:
Collections, Installations and Commissions |
2020 - 2023
* 2019 | Books & Books | Art Exhibition, Talk & Book Signing
* 2019 | My Journey into the Realm of Latino Art | Book Publication | Featured.
* Lowe Museum of Art Exhibition | Art Basel 2018 Exhibition | Curator: Jill Deupy | Lowe Museum of Art / Beaux Arts Director | Miami, FL.
• Project and exhibition with the Broward Cultural Center | 2017-2018 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• MASTEC Corporation | Headquarters Office Building | Corporate Collection | Installation and Acquisition | 2013 - 2018 | Special Selection | Ongoing Exhibit + Installations | Coral Gables, FL (Miami)
• Project + Installations | 2016-2018 | Brickell (Miami,FL)
• Anderson Ranch Arts Center | Aspen, CO | Residency | Workshop | 2015-2016-2017-2018
• The Lowe Museum of Art | University of Miami | January 2015
• Private Collection Commissions | Installation: April 2014l | Coral Gables, FL
• Coral Gables Museum: Water is Life | Opening: March 6
• Collaboration with: Valkhof Press | Netherlands | 2013
Book Project | Justice and Forgiveness
Essays voor Edith Brugmans
Art by: Klara Chavarria | "Path to Forgiveness"
Valkhof Press | Netherlands
• ART BOOK | PUBLICATION | 2013:
"Klara Chavarria: Selected work I, 2004-2011"
Books & Books: Lecture Project and Book will be available through the artist's studio & at Books & Books in Miami, FL.
• Selected to work with the City of Miami Beach for a public art & design project
• Selection of her work for book covers + cd's
• Working and exhibiting with collectors, art galleries and art venues nationally and Internationally
• Honorable invitation and participation for four consecutive years in the prestigious Latin American art exhibit and auction, Juannio, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Guatemala City.
• Studios in Chicago and Cincinnati prior to Miami