news + projects
Private Studio + Exhibition Space:
2912 PONCE DE LEON BLVD.
CORAL GABLES, FL. 33134
Mon-Sat, daily, 11-5:30 and by appointment.
For information, to schedule a visit or questions contact:
ph. 305.282.2116 | email: email@example.com
"In my work the human becomes line and form tracing toward the source, eliminates any distraction or definition and aligns concern and question with my need for observation and the contemplation of life. I have an interest in the essence of our human self and not in any exterior definitions or characterizations." KC
"The concept of the work is an exploratory exercise in awareness, imploring us to look beyond the surface. Through the layering of ideas and experiences, it alludes to a life so blindly entrenched in its own ways, particularly emphasizing the distinction between what is, what one hopes and what ought to be..."
© Copyright. Klara Chavarria
• MASTEC Corporation | Headquarters Office Building | Corporate Collection | Installation and Acquisition | 2013 - 2017 | Special Selection | Ongoing Exhibit + Installation | Coral Gables, FL (Miami) | An honor for this selection.
• Anderson Ranch Arts Center, Aspen, CO | Working with distinguished artist and scholar: Enrique Martinez Celaya | Summer 2015-2016-2017
• Commissioned work | from the studio | 2016 - 2017
• Brickell Bay | Installations | 2016-2017 | Brickell (Miami,FL)
• The Lowe Museum of Art | University of Miami | January 2015
• Cassianu Space Gallery | Wynwood Arts Districts | Art Basel Week Opening | Recent Work | 2014-2015, Miami, FL
• Private Collection Commission | Installation: April 2014l | Coral Gables, FL
• Coral Gables Museum: Water is Life | Opening: March 6
• Collaboration with: Valkhof Press | Netherlands | 2013
Book Project | Justice and Forgiveness
Essays voor Edith Brugmans
Art by: Klara Chavarria | "Path to Forgiveness"
Valkhof Press | Netherlands
• Published Book | available through artist + at Books & Books:
Klara Chavarria, Selected Work I, 2004-2011
Books & Books: Lecture Project, date to be announced.
• Ongoing: Corporate and Private Art Projects:
Installations and Commissions
• ART BOOK | CATALOGUE PUBLICATION | 2013:
"Klara Chavarria: Selected work I, 2004-2011"
Publication date: Summer/2012
*now available at the Studio and at Books & Books
• Selected to work with the City of Miami Beach for a public art & design project
• Selection of artwork for book covers + cds
• Working and exhibiting with collectors, art galleries and art venues nationally and Internationally
• Honorable invitation and participation for four consecutive years in the prestigious Latin American art exhibit and auction, Juannio, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Guatemala City.
• Studios in Chicago and Cincinnati prior to Miami